International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Information about membership, events and training
- Requirements for Certification
- Lists of all the trainers and supervisors, and EFT centres, communities and practitioners by location around the world (looking at some of those EFT community websites can be a source of ideas and resources)
- Purchase books and DVDs with your members’ discount·
- EFT-based publications, articles, research and other authors (not Sue Johnson)
Dr. Sue Johnson
Some interesting information from Sue can be found in the following internet sites:
Sue has written a number of books. To find out more about each of them, click on the image below.
EFT-Related YouTube Clips
We have a number of excellent EFT-related videos on this site. We have them on two pages: videos for counselling and videos for therapists. We'd just like to highlight a few here we have collected for therapists.
The Still-Face experiment by Dr Edward Tronick.
This is attachment theory in action and shows a child’s reaction when the mother does not respond or interact with the child.
Much research supports the view that adults react in similar ways when their partner,
The Power of Vulnerability by Brene Brown.
Brene is a well renown researcher into human connection, love and belonging. She talks about and shares her own experience of shame and vulnerability.
This clip of Brene sharing her vulnerability has had over 13 million views and is well worth taking the time to watch.
Soothing the Threatened Brain by Sue Johnson.
Research including brain scans have become an important way of measuring effectiveness of EFT. Here Sue talks about the FMRI study showing that connection with a loved one changes how we respond to threat and pain.
Hold Me Tight by Sue Johnson.
Hold Me Tight – Conversations for Connection with short DVD clip showing three couples who have completed EFT work. This supports the Conversations for Connection set of two DVD’s of Sue talking with three couples about their relationship journey with EFT.
DVD and Books
Books and DVD’s are available to ICEEFT members at a 15% discount. Here's a few items we'd like to highlight:
- “Emotionally Focused Therapy: A Complete Treatment” (3 video set) by Rebecca Jorgensen. Deepen your understanding of EFT by watching an entire unedited 10 session course of therapy.
- “Love You Hate the Porn” by Mark Chamberlain and Geoff Steurer – This is an excellent book on relationships damaged by pornography, from an attachment perspective and written by EFT therapists.
- "Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy for Dummies” by Brent Bradley and James Furrow – This is a well reviewed comprehensive book with over 300 pages of helpful material.
- “Peace in the Heart and Home” by Charlotte Mikulka – A down to earth guide to creating a better life for you and your loved ones and endorsed by leading EFT Therapists & Supervisors
We have a number of written pieces on EFT on our Articles page.